Daniel Quat: My Life in Photography
- I have had a love affair with photography for most of my life since childhood! During that time, I’ve shot almost every subject matter possible, from landscapes with large format, to portraits of all types, to magazine human interest stories, to annual reports in copper and coal mines and corporate board rooms, to travel photography around Europe, Mexico and Bermuda, to still life catalogs, electronics, food and beverage photography, and advertising, and to interior design photography for architectural magazines and designers. I’ve taught photography at the college level, and apprenticed with a black and white master printer, Paul Caponigro in the 70’s.
- For twenty years I ran my own photography studio in NYC. My work was published in major magazines including; New York Magazine, Time Magazine, Metropolitan Home Magazine, Architectural Digest, and Interior Design Magazine. My Client list included: Grey Advertising, BBDO, Ogilvy and Mather, Macy’s, Abraham and Strauss, Estee Lauder, Bloomingdales, Merrill Lynch, and Goldman Sachs.
- I was a convention speaker at PhotoExpo in NY and LA, educating professionals about digital techniques and outputs from all the different digital print media available at the time.
- For the past 15 years, I have been making portraits of people living in the Berkshire mountains of Massachusetts and the high desert of Santa Fe, NM. I enjoy capturing the loving relationships between couples and families, the individual’s divine spirit, and the expressive movements of dancers and musicians. I especially love photographing weddings and engagement sessions with couples. I believe strongly in marriage equality. I spend time with my subjects, get to know them, see what makes them tick, what turns them on, and then I translate that into an image—be it through a captured expression on their face, as association with objects in their environment or through a gesture with their body. This is my joy—to see their beauty and to capture it in a photograph.
- I also offer a private photography coaching service to help people with private instruction in all aspects of photography. Please contact me to find out more about this service. To read testimonials please click here.
- My current client list in Santa Fe is extensive. Please email me for more details or a list of references. The list includes: The Museum of New Mexico Foundation, The Santa Fe Chamber of Commerce, Century Bank, The Santa Fe Community Foundation, and many others. For more information about corporate photography please click here.
- Please contact me so we can meet, and I can answer your questions and see what we can create together!